- This event has passed.
STAND UP TO CANCER
Killer Wave and The Sunflower Lounge bring a night of entertainment all in the aid of raising as much as possible for Cancer Research UK.
Stand Up To Cancer is an annual fundraising campaign that brings the UK together to accelerate progress in life-saving cancer research. Stand Up To Cancer takes developments in the labs and accelerates them into brand new tests and treatments for cancer patients who need them right now.
We’ve had an overwhelming response in just the last week from bands volunteering to play a fundraising show for us.
So playing live we have:
– BLACK MEKON –
– FALSE GRAILS –
– MUTES (solo) –
– MILES COCKER –
Plus any more acts that want to help please let Joel Webster know.
We have a live magic show from our very own Edmund Mathew Quigley.
And we selling tickets for our prize draw every day from now and on the day of the event.
– A Fender Stratocaster (donated by Sean Murray)
– A day in the recording studio with Mark Gittins (worth £200!)
– £50 food/drink tab from The Button Factory Birmingham
– A limited edition print from artist Haider Akbar
– PNKSLM Recordings prizes galore
– A Wet Cut & Dry from Black Market Barber Company
– A Partial Shave from Black Market Barber Co
– 4 free tickets to any film at The Mockingbird Cinema & Kitchen
– Gig tickets from the guys at Hare & Hounds Kings Heath & ThisisTmrw
– Gig tickets from SONIC GUN Concerts
– A bottle of posh red wine (donated by Maddie Cottam)
– 3kg of delicious homebaked Mac n Cheese
– A Muthers Studio goodie bag
Plus more prizes adding through the week.
Get your tickets from The Sunflower Lounge and the draw will be made by Master of Ceremonys Mr Ben Kane on Sunday at 7pm.
Entry £5 (includes a ticket for the prize draw)
Every penny is going to Cancer Research, a great charity trying to help fight back against a disease which sadly statistically will affect most of us through family & friends and ourselves.
I really appreciate all the help people have offered so far.
If you can’t make it down there is a donation page here.
Let’s kick Cancer!